Damp proofing is the application of a material which prevents entry of the moisture within the walls, floor or roof.Damp proofing is done by a number of methods of which the most widely used are:A damp proof course
- A damp proof membrane
- Integral damp proofing
- Surface coating
- Cavity wall construction
- Pressure grouting
A damp proof membrane
A damp proof membrane is any membrane that is applied to prevent moisture transmission into walls, ceiling or floor. Check out this site : https://www.resinfloorcoatingsuk.com/
Following materials can act as damp proof membrane
Flexible materials (Liquid damp proof membranes)
- a) Bitumen Mastic (Mastic Asphalt)
- b) Bitumen Felts (Sheets)
- c) Hot laid Bitumen
2) Rigid materials
- a) Rich Concrete
- b) Mortar
- c) Bricks
- d) Stones or slates
- e) Metal Sheets
Liquid damp proof membrane:
Liquid damp proof membranes mainly consist of Bitumen. Liquid damp proof membranes are manufactured for brushing onto concrete floors and walls. It adheres to damped walls and once dried forms a barrier for the underlying moisture. It can be overlaid with carpets, resin-based products, vinyl or laminating floors.
How to apply liquid damp proof membrane:
The Liquid damp proof membrane is applied by pouring it on the surface floor and then spread it evenly with a paint brush or roller. Wait for 45 minutes, then apply a second coat. Damp floor membrane is ready, and now the floor can be laid.
Floor coating in construction is laying of a floor coat that is durable and enhances the look of a floor. Floor coating is available for every surface from homes, schools, and theatre to a garage; porches etc. floor coating is available with a variety of designs and colors.
Steps of floor coating:
- Clean the floor to be coated
- Scrub the floor with detergent and a scrubber
- Wash the area with solution containing four parts water and one part acid
- Neutralize the area with solution containing ten part water and one part ammonia
- Fill the cracks with epoxy paste and scrap to level of floor
- Apply primer coat with the help of roller and let it dry
- Now, apply epoxy or urethane base coat
- Disperse color flakes in the design you want.
- Scrape the floor with metal scrapper
- Apply finish coat
Benefits of Epoxy floor coating:
Epoxy floor coating in construction is the process in which resins and hardener are mixed to form a tensile plastic material to provide durability and resistance. These epoxy floor coatings are less than 2mm. Click here.
Following are the benefits of epoxy floor coating:
- They are durable.
- They have tensile strength
- They require low maintenance cleaning.
- They are resistant to chemicals
- They are available in different aesthetic designs
Industrial floor paint:
Industrial floor paints are heavy duty floor paints designed for industry or factories floors. They are designed for harsh environments like heavy vehicles running over it or chemical spillage. These industrial floor paints must have following features:
- To increase the resistance of floors against wear and tears.
- Improve quality of floor
- To improve appearance of the floor
- To resist chemical spillage
- To resist load applied over the floor
The ideal industrial floor paints are the epoxy resin based which could be water dispersed epoxy resin floor paints, the solvent containing epoxy floor paints or for the heaviest duty and exposure, solvent free epoxy resin floor paints.